HVAC Service Technician
The HVAC Service Technician reports to the Service Manager, and is responsible for performing a range of HVAC jobs for industrial, commercial, and residential customers.
- Paid Training
- Careers Advancement Opportunities
- Flexible Scheduling
- Competitive Compensation
- Year-Round Work
- Spiffs, Rewards, & Employee Contests
Customer-based activities involved in this position require an individual who is decisive, tactful, dependable, and who possesses initiative and the ability to communicate well with all customer groups. A Service Technician must be able to accurately diagnose and efficiently accomplish a job to the mutual benefit of the customer and Air Worth Heating & Cooling. Job-related contact can occur with virtually all demographic groups, with the majority of the contacts being service customers, other Air Worth Heating & Cooling technicians, the Service Manager, Dispatcher and the Parts Runners. Representative duties include:
- Serving as a member of ad hoc Service Department teams which are organized to conduct HVAC servicing jobs promptly and efficiently.
- Performing routine HVAC service activities without direct oversight or on-site assistance.
- Assisting the Senior Service Technician(s) in the training of other Air Worth Heating & Cooling employees on service-related subjects, including call-back prevention and equipment protocols.
- Conducting point-of-work sales of IAQ services, unit components, unit replacements, add-on units, and residential service contracts.
- Developing lead referrals for the sales staff.
- Conducting non-service work in support of the IAQ and Installation Departments, as assigned.
- Performing related duties as directed by the Service Manager.
- High school graduate and graduate of a post-secondary HVAC program of instruction of two or more years in duration.
- One or more years of successful experience, either as a residential, commercial service, or installation technician.
- Good verbal and reading skills, including the ability to read and apply manufacturers’ instructions and to clearly communicate with residential and commercial customers, suppliers, and other Air Worth Heating & Cooling employees.
- Physical ability to perform all duties noted above under the conditions, circumstances, and extreme weather conditions found in TX.
- Interest and initiative in maintaining and advancing his or her HVAC skills through a combination of self-study, company training, manufacturers’ workshops, and other professional development activities.
- Current TX operator’s license and the ability to operate all vehicles in the corporate fleet within 30 days of initial employment. Incumbent must be insurable by current Air Worth Heating & Cooling insurance carrier
- Ability to work under pressures of time, a non-standard schedule, weather, customer needs, and backlog constraints.
Compensation: $20.00 – $30.00 per hour